Sunday, June 17, 2012

The trip north (part 1)

On the 7th of June (Thursday), Nicholas, Olivia, Leo, and I drove up to Kentucky. We dropped Nicholas off at his mom's so that he could go to a Red Hot Chili Peppers concert, which he didn't end up making it to because he was exhausted. The kids and I drove on to Indiana to my sister Stephanie's place. We left at about 7:30 central time and arrived at Jane's at 4:30 eastern. The trip was pretty smooth, with Nicholas and Olivia hanging out while I nursed Leo in the car twice. Leo took one long nap, and and two short ones. Olivia slept for maybe 30 minutes. She is just not a good car sleeper and Leo kept waking her up. But, she had the iPad to watch Dora on, so she was happy most of the way.

On Friday, Nicholas flew from Louisville back to Alabama. Then, on Saturday, he flew to Germany for a conference for work. He was gone until the following Thursday. In the mean time...

After getting the kids settled in at Steph's, I left on Friday at 4 AM to fly to Cleveland for my friend's wedding. I had lots of expressed milk there for Leo, and Mom and Steph to take care of both kids in tandem. Looks like they had a great time!

Craig holding Leo on Sunday morning. He is such a great kid, and he is such a great big brother and cousin. He loves Abby and can hardly wait for Bratcher Baby #3 this fall!


Craig, Olivia, Abby, and Grandpop on my parents' deck just chillin'.


Olivia said, "This life jacket looks good on me." It does. Even though she had her swimmies with her, she must have wanted to be like the big kids.


After Abby's last baseball game. Olivia kept saying, "1, 2, 3, 6 hit!" and "That was awesome!" and "That's a cool trophy, Abby."


I cannot thank Stephanie and Mom (and Brandon and Craig and Abby) enough for taking care of my babies while I went to be in my friends wedding. I was gone almost 60 hours, and I was a total wreck by the time I got back because I missed them so badly. It was great to go and see my friends, help with the wedding, meet her family, and have my own bed, but I really got no rest because (1) weddings are so much work, and (2) my pump was my best friend. So, I actually came back more tired than when I left. But, I am so glad I had the opportunity to go and the family to take care of Olivia and Leo.

No comments :

Post a Comment