Friday, August 3, 2012

Friday dinner

I've been meaning to post to say that this is my new favorite recipe:
http://www.melskitchencafe.com/2009/09/crispy-southwest-chicken-wraps.html. Check it out! It is yummy and tastes like it is from Qdoba!

And two funny Olivia things. Yesterday while Nicholas was giving her a bath Olivia told him that she had a big sister in her belly. (Yikes! Where does she get this stuff!) And two days ago when she was watching a Super Why episode, she told me she wanted to jump into the TV to help Princess Presto solve her super big problem. Hilarious!

Pictures to come. Too tired tonight. We have a video of Olivia telling me that she couldn't possibly eat dinner because it tasted too bland. I almost took that as an insult until I remembered (1) she's two and (2) she was repeating a line from her book Purplicious. There, the line was about vanilla ice cream. Olivia is really good at putting things into context.

3 comments :

  1. Tastes like it's from Qdoba?!!!!
    I didn't read any further before printing out the recipe!!!
    Can't wait!
    Oh, yeah, cute stuff about kids, nice.
    (hee hee!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm totally trying that recipe too (we'll see if I can sneak the beans in without Mike noticing ;) ).

    Haha! Big sister in her belly! My manager's 6 year has already been asking, "But HOW does the baby get in the belly??" Fun conversations to come ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum. We make something similar - on the recipe I actually wrote "Qdoba." We actually add cilantro to the rice as it cooks, though. I like that they are then browned after they are wrapped. I'll have to try it. Thanks for sharing.

    A big sis in her belly, huh? Has Olivia been reading about new siblings and pregnant mommy's?

    ReplyDelete