Tuesday, August 28, 2012

School, birthday party, and other fun

I took the kids back to school Friday, but was only able to get this picture of Olivia helping me drop Leo off at his class. Leo is always easy to drop off. Olivia is another story. She never wants me to leave, so I didn't get a picture. Now the school is doing a drive-up and drop-off thing, so we did that Monday. It actually went better. No tears.



Friday night we had some family fun at the playground. I swear that I play, too, I am just rarely in the pictures!



Then on Saturday morning we went to our friends, Penny and Delilah's, birthday party. They turned 1 and 3, respectively. Rebekah, my friend, did an outstanding job on decorations and theme. It was a rainbow party, and it looked awesome--from banner to cake! Of course, I just got pictures of Olivia playing:



The big news at the party was that Leo started drinking from a straw! Awesome! And, at least part of his sleep problem, Nicholas and I have discovered was my drinking caffeine. I was only drinking one Diet Coke or one cup of coffee a day, but if I take that away, he sleeps much better.

2 comments :

  1. No more Diet Coke?!?! I guess that's a small sacrifice to make to get some sleep ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you were able to put the words "Leo," "sleep," and "better" in the same sentence!!!

    Love the school drop off, makes the transition from home to school so much easier!

    ReplyDelete