Friday, May 9, 2014

Olivia is FOUR!!

Olivia seems so grown up to me, so that she is four isn't so surprising. That four years have past since her birth is at once shocking since the time has past so quickly, but also because it seems like she has been in our life for much longer than that! If you want a walk down memory lane, see her birth story here, her first birthday post here, her second birthday post here, and her third birthday post here. Wow!! How much growing she has done!!

Some quick facts about Olivia:

  1. Olivia weighs 40 pounds.
  2. Olivia loves Frozen music, but finds the movie way too scary.
  3. Olivia is totally into Doc McStuffins.
  4. Olivia is sounding out three-four letter words, can count to about fifty, and has a great vocabulary.
  5. Olivia is 43.5 inches tall, which is the 97th percentile--tall like her Daddy!1


Her birthday was fun! She woke early, and in Kraft tradition, she opened her presents right away! (At least those from us and Grandpa Bill and Tamara.) She loved them and insisted on wearing her dress-up outfit to school complete with fancy shoes!




I brought strawberries and chocolate dipped pretzels for a birthday snack in Olivia's class. She was so excited I was there and helped pass out the pink plates and napkins. I forgot my phone in the car, so I didn't get any pictures. As expected, she didn't want to stay at school after that, so she and I went, at her request, to Barnes and Noble for some girl time. She picked out about seven books, sat down, and looked through them by herself with me sitting beside her for about twenty minutes. Then she asked me to read one. Then she asked me to buy two. I has happy to oblige!



Mutti came for our family birthday party that afternoon! Before dinner, a wonderful game of Candy Land and some "check-ups"! Olivia loves the Doc McStuffins outfit and doctor bag from Grandpa Bill and Tamara! Leo does, too!



Olivia wanted to have pancake kabobs for dinner, so that is what we did! Of course, Miss Birthday Girl was done with pictures by then!


Here are some pictures of the kids with presents! Olivia was totally enamored with the ballet card!


Uncle Chuck sent a Minnie and Mickey from Disney World. Olivia loves Minnie. Leo LOVES them both and has slept with them for the past two nights. Here he is pretending this is Mickey Mouse's club house!


Olivia and I both love this sundress from Aunt Heidi!



And just like last year, I am excited to share the "Birthday Quiz!" See last year's birthday post to see how her answers have changed!

1. How old are you? 4
2. What makes you happy? When my momma plays with me!
3. What is your favorite animal? Giraffes
4. What is your favorite thing to eat? Quesadillas
5. What is your least favorite thing to eat? Black beans
6. What is your favorite thing to do? Go to the pool
7. What is your favorite TV show? Doc McStuffins
8. What are you really good at? Doing handstands on the couch
9. What is your favorite movie? Cinderella
10. What is your favorite color? Pink and purple
11. What is your favorite song? Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star
12. Who is your best friend? Laura Kate
13. What do you and your Mom do together? We play with each other
14. What do you and your Dad do together? Read books
15. What is your favorite sport? Gymnastics
16. Where is your favorite place to go? Park
17. What is your favorite book? Doc books
18. What do you want to be when you grow up? Rock collector and a farmer

5 comments :

  1. I like that giraffes, Twinkle Twinkle little star, and Cinderella (for a different answer) are still on the list :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that she already enjoys bookstores! Sounds like a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I forgot to comment on the rock collection. I had one when I was little. Perhaps she'll be a gemologist.

      Delete
  4. Just days before taking this quiz, Olivia wanted to be a mommy, a doctor, an astronaut, and a rock collector. They just did a space unit, so I think that is where rock collector came from. Farmer was out of the blue. I'm not sure where that came from except that Leo got a set of "farmer" Legos as his brother gift, so maybe she got the idea from there. Or from Uncle Brandon!

    ReplyDelete