Sunday, April 15, 2012

These are the days

We had a good week. I didn't realize it had been so long since I posted. The weeks go by fast. Leo is starting to get into a schedule. He is taking three-four naps a day and still eating about every three hours. He often skips or elongates between the bedtime feeding and the first night time feeding. Tonight he ate at 7:30, just fell asleep at 9:30, and will probably be up around 12:30 or 1 AM to eat again. He gets up between 6:30 and 7 AM and takes his first nap between 9 and 10. Getting up does not coincide with eating, usually. We are doing pretty well, too, with not eating to fall asleep. Except during the night when I sometimes bring him to bed to nurse. Leo continues to be a great baby!

Olivia continues to amaze me with her sentence structure, her memory, and the words she is able to repeat. Here are some of the things out of her mouth lately:

  • That sounds great!
  • Mommy, I cried and cried and cried and cried and you didn't come in. (I've turned off the monitor at night. It was just too much and she is too old to be needing me during the night. That was the first two nights. Now she is sleeping and happy when I come in in the morning, but she still talks about that first night.)
  • What's her name?
  • I do not put my fingers in my poop. (Yes. I had to tell her this. And she repeated.)
  • That's not so nice. (In response to Max taking Ruby's dolls.)

    And here is sweet Leo in Olivia's old high chair, just hanging out with us Saturday morning while Olivia and I had muffins.



    This is a typical day at the playground with Leo in his tent and Olivia on her horse.


    And we made it to the pool on Saturday for some girl sun time! It was really nice!


    I have some videos of Leo cooing, but iMovie and I are not friends right now. I'll get them up later, I promise!
  • 2 comments :

    1. I am so glad life is falling into a manageable routine.
      I am SO proud of you for turning off the monitor! That is a HUGE developmental step in the growth of a parent. I hope that means you are getting a little more rest at night!
      Best news I've had in awhile!!!

      ReplyDelete
    2. I'm proud of you for turning off the monitor too! Olivia sounds like she is really growing up :) Can't wait to see the videos of Leo you have promised!

      Miss you!

      ReplyDelete