Sunday, October 7, 2012

Our neighborhood block party! Oh, yeah!

Have I mentioned how great our neighborhood is? It really is a great place to live. I love the sidewalks, the playground, the pool, and all the great neighbors. I met a lot of my neighbors because I used to walk Ringo two miles morning and night around the neighborhood until Olivia started to walk. Then, having kids, I've met lots of other moms in the neighborhood. I love that I can text a friend and meet her at the playground fifteen minutes later. And I really like some of the social events that our HOA organizes. My favorite is the block party. Olivia had a great time at the bouncy house, and I was excited not to have to cook tonight because it was catered with BBQ sandwiches and hot dogs, coleslaw and baked beans, cookies, and drinks. And we got to see a lot of our neighbors that we haven't seen in a while. Here is Olivia playing: (And on another side note, here she is last year at this same event. Again, I can hardly believe a year has passed and we are a family of four now with Olivia talking non-stop!)

On the seal "pillow" as Olivia called it.



Doing some dance moves as there was a live band there.



Playing with our neighbor across the street Mallory. She and her mom, Jane, walked up there with us.



Leo wanted to bounce so badly, but he did a little on the side of the house.

A picture of part of the party. These are two of the four inflatables. There was a live band, and tables with food and drinks, too. We all had a great time even if we were a little chilly by the end. Olivia kept saying, "I love this party!"

3 comments :

  1. That is an impressive neighborhood party!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like everyone had a great time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to live on your block!!!
    And how great is it to feel "chilly"!!! Yay fall!

    ReplyDelete