Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Mommy-son time

While Nicholas and Olivia were away, it was wonderful to spend quality time with Leo. On Thursday afternoon when I picked Leo up from Mom's Morning Out and took him home, I realized how different it was going to be...the house was quiet, I had time to get a few things done around the house, and I had lots of time just to do baby-Mommy things. First, I took a nap with him! We did lots of tummy time while I read to him and I did things I had been meaning to catch up on.

A picture of us on Thursday after our nap.



Leo has been practicing sitting up. He is getting there and can do it independently for a few seconds at a time. He likes to stand (with support) better than sitting, though. Perhaps this is because of standing in his bouncer?



After getting some laundry done (I broke out the 12-month clothes and started washing and sorting them), I stuffed Leo full of food since I was going to attempt sleep training, including putting him in his own crib in his own room. He ate two tablespoons of cereal, one pack of sweet potatoes, and half a pack of prunes. Then he nursed. He went down without a fight...much, he cried for a couple of minutes...and then slept well until he woke for his night feeding at 2 AM. Not bad for the first night!



The next day we had a play date with my friend Rachel and her baby Sol, who is 10 days younger than Leo. No pictures because we chatted and the boys played until Leo was hungry. So by the time I got the camera out, it was too late. But here is a cute one of Leo's new obsession: his toes.



I got lots done over the weekend--ironing, cleaning the house, balancing the checkbook, ordering pictures, putting away 8 months of pictures (I am still behind on that!), baking cookies for friends, cleaning out part of the garage, doing laundry, etc. I also really, really enjoyed having just Mommy and Leo time, too. I took my time nursing him and I read to him while I did. I finally figured out a way to get him to laugh, which is to tickle very quickly beneath his chin. And I spent a lot of time Friday and Saturday nights getting him to sleep. He was not having it. The sleep training went out the window then and came back Sunday night when Nicholas got back. It is going better again. Tonight he went to sleep with less than a minute of crying/talking! I haven't given up feeding him at night, though. That's next on the agenda...sort of. I still contend he is too young to give up all night feedings, but he is having two and I am bringing him to bed with me for the last one. Since he has two teeth now, this is not good. The books say he should be able to go 9 hours without eating. His longest stretch in the past few nights has only been about 5.5. We're working on it. Here is my sweet boy playing with some toys.



And here he is on his play mat in one of his 12-month outfits while I was putting away pictures.

4 comments :

  1. You look so thin in the bathroom mirror photo! I can't believe he is wearing 12 mo. clothes; they look like they are only a little big on him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I have a skinny face...don't worry, my arms, belly, and thighs haven't forgotten I was recently pregnant!

      Delete
  2. I agree that you look amazing!! Yay for mommy-Leo time!

    ReplyDelete