Friday, July 27, 2012

Getting back into the swing of things...

We are getting back into a better routine. Monday I took the kids to double Kindermusik by myself. It went pretty well, except that Olivia was pretty much done about one third of the way through her class because there were two dads there, and she was a little afraid of them. Add the extra time in Leo's class, and we just called it a day and went and picked up Nicholas from his office since he had been up for 48 hours and was in no shape for driving.

Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday nights, Leo had a VERY hard time staying asleep. He woke about every 15-20 minutes for the first few hours of sleep. I have no idea what was going on. Still he is having a hard time, but last night was a little better with the wakings less frequent. I really think that he is about to crawl and that this developmental milestone is throwing him. See the video for some of his moves. He didn't nap AT ALL at school yesterday, and is starting to refuse his bottle. That's not necessarily so bad because he can eat enough solids to satisfy him and I want to skip pumping at work anyway. Sweet Leo is growing up before Mommy is not ready.



One evening when I was very frustrated and pretty upset that Leo couldn't/wouldn't go to sleep and I didn't want him to cry, Olivia asked me why I was upset. I told her that I couldn't help Leo go to sleep. She said, "I can help. I'll sing Twinkle, Twinkle!" She's such a doll!

I've been getting a little more creative with her lunches lately. I haven't taken a picture of her school lunch yet, but here is one of her lunch on Wednesday:



I am trying to do a better job of having our lunch time and dinner times be less hectic, more planned, and more pleasant. I have enlisted Olivia to set the table, which she loves to do. She gets out the silverware for all of us and sets it at each of our places. I've also started lighting a candle at lunch and dinner time to signal the start of dinner and I let her blow out the candle when we are all finished. This has worked amazingly well. The candle idea is from the book I am reading called, "The Intentional Family: Simple Rituals to Strengthen Family Ties." It has lots of good ideas.

Another funny thing that Olivia said this week was "Mommy. I can have some ice cream? That would make me happy." Today while Leo was jabbering, she said, "I think he's speaking Spanish!" She cracks me up!

We did the library on Wednesday. Today we did "kite races" where Olivia ran around the house pretending to fly a kite and then ran through some streamer as the finish line.



And in the book "Ballet Time" that we borrowed this week, Tilly is a ballerina who plays a cat in a play. So, here is our little Tutu Tilly dressed up as a "tip toe on your paws cat" and a "fierce, show all your claws cat."



Today I got my hair cut!! I am so excited about it because it is the first time a professional has cut my hair since before Olivia was born. I took a picture to show her, and she did a fantastic job! Before and after pictures to follow!

3 comments :

  1. Sounds and looks like you all are having some fun and happy times :) So glad! Can't wait to see the haircut photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are all moving through developmental milestones this week. Kudos on getting Olivia to set the table! And I love the candle idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like overall a good week.

    And I agree with Stacey - can't wait to see the haircut photos.

    ReplyDelete