Friday, February 1, 2013

Happy 1st Birthday, Leo!



Dear Leo,

I cannot believe a year has past since you came into this world. What a wonderful--in the literal sense--year it has been! You have brought so much joy to our family, and you are just the coolest little boy now. Laughing and cooing, swatting at your playmat, rolling over, sitting up, and smiling when we sang to you in the first half of the year and then crawling, beginning to talk, and walking in the second half. Now you say Dada, Mama, Brubba (which is you trying to say Brother, which I call you all the time), Uh-oh, and I think you call Olivia "Ga!". You pick out books to read and bring them to me. Your favorite right now is The Foolish Tortoise followed by Llama Llama Nighty Night. You take things to me or Daddy when we ask you to and you are beginning to know your body parts and the rooms of our house. You still love music, snuggling, and having me sing to you. What a year it has been, and what a year this next one will be. I don't want this beautiful age to end, but I am so excited to see the explosion of understanding and language that is about to come. I love you, sweet boy!

Love,
Mommy

2 comments :

  1. The pictures turned out great - especially the one with his hands above his head - very cute.

    I love that he brings books to you. I think that is adorable and very cool.

    You have a wonderful family.

    ReplyDelete