Friday, May 25, 2012

The weeks fly by

The weeks really do fly by. I can't believe that it is getting close to June! And I am headed back to work June 19th, which seems really soon... We've got a lot planned in the mean time, though, and we did a lot this week, again.

The Leo update is that he is already sitting/bouncing/playing in his entertainer for fives of minutes, and he loves it! He will be four months old this week, so I guess I need to start thinking about some sleep training (we are still waking several times a night, or I just bring him to bed and nurse on demand) and starting some solid foods! I still think he is getting a tooth, but it hasn't erupted yet.



Leo is also really holding his head up well. Notice in the next couple of pictures, that I just can't seem to get a good picture of both kids together. Hopefully the next round of professional pictures will yield some!



In Olivia news, we have graduated to the big pool! Olivia likes her "puddle jumper" floaties and her ducky float ring. Here is one picture from this week at the pool in the evening. Nicholas has been up with us several times, which is wonderful. I have done it on my own a few times, too, but things usually run more smoothly when we are playing "man on man" instead of zone.



Today we went to the splash park near us with some friends. Olivia and Leo had a great time, I think. Leo slept, ate, and bounced around in his tent. Olivia mostly played in a tub of water with some other girls and yelled, "Mommy, play with me!" when I was taking care of Leo. We had a picnic there, too. Good times! I love this town!



Before we left, I tried to get a picture of Olivia with her backpack on, strolling her dollies, with her "doctor things" in the basket below. This is as well as I could do:

2 comments :

  1. You guys look great!
    You really have a burgeoning helper there in Olivia! I'm glad you are enjoying the community activities!
    We'll see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Olivia looks like she's turning into a little social butterfly :)

    ReplyDelete