Sunday, May 27, 2012

Milestones, and pool days

I started feeding Leo cereal yesterday. Just one feeding yesterday and one today of single grain oatmeal in breast milk. He did really well. Yesterday I was very low key, doing it just before his 4 o'clock PM feeding. Here are some pictures of him sitting on the table in his Bumbo:



Today, Olivia helped me. And I swear before this video she was actually doing it from a seated position. I guess I didn't scoot her in enough before filming. I was tongue-tied, too, but you get an idea of what was happening.



In other news, Olivia is only using her pacifier in her crib now, which really cuts down on the cleaning of them since I am not picking them up or fishing them out of the diaper bag. However, if Olivia wants her pacifier and doesn't have one, she sucks on her thumb or her finger. I'm not really sure what to do about this. I ask her to take her fingers out of her mouth, and she does, but they go right back in. Her fingers are chapped and the skin is broken. Hmmm....

More pool days. It is hot, hot, hot here! It was 97 degrees today. Leo is liking the pool a little more each time since we have been bringing him in with us more. Here are a couple of pictures and a video of Daddy swinging Olivia around, which is usually what I do with her, but she requested it of Daddy when I got out to take care of Leo.



And here are a few pictures that Olivia insisted on taking:

3 comments :

  1. I wouldn't worry too much about the thumb yet. It may just be a transitional move.

    I love the pictures Olivia took.

    I am so, so, so thankful you guys have that pool! All the fun with none of the fuss! Such a good time killer and good at wearing those kids out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that she took pictures by herself and wanted to post them. It speaks to your dedication to the blog, which we are all glad for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to see you so happy!

    ReplyDelete