Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Leo, Leo

Leo and I went to the lactation nurse last week because I had a plugged duct and while I was going, I wanted to weigh him. He was 14 lbs 13 ounces last week Wednesday. Big boy! I also wanted to ask about the increased frequency of feedings lately, and she confirmed that babies often experience a growth spurt around 7-10 days, 2-3 weeks, 4-6 weeks, 3 months, 4 months, 6 months and 9 months, and he was probably in one. The lactation nurse suggested that I might not be making enough because Leo has taken to biting down and tugging at the end of a feeding. Thankfully, he still has no teeth, although I think that may change soon as he is drooling up a storm and is starting to bite on his hands, bibs, toys, etc., which indicates teething. The lactation nurse suggested I start pumping another time a day (I already do it at 2 AM because that is when I have the most milk). I did that, and I have so much milk now that I stopped and Leo is okay with that, because I think the growth spurt is over for now.

In other news, I am trying to transition him to his crib and to keep him out of our bed. I am doing this transitioning because he is getting close to the weight limit of 15 lbs on the bassinet. We had two nights of him sleeping all night out of our bed (waking roughly every 3.5 hours). Then last night he was back in our bed. It's a journey. We'll get there. Here are some sweet pictures of the little guy.



1 comment :

  1. 2 am?! Yikes! I hope you can do it half asleep :)

    ReplyDelete