Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Happy birthday to me!

November 9th, two Sundays ago, was my 35th birthday! And we had lots of fun that day! Nicholas made waffles for breakfast, we opened presents, we headed to Red Robin for lunch, and got a membership to the Natural Science Museum in Raleigh and took in the dinosaur exhibit! I even got a short nap and a little trip to the playground that afternoon! Here are some pictures from the day!

Nicholas getting my picture! Ha!

The many whiney faces of Leo!

"I just want to play pirate ship!" This is where he gets on our bed and pretends it's a pirate ship. Some of his funniest stories have originated from this game!

Olivia had a hard time staying out of the pictures! Silly girl!

This is me feeling old and fat. 

Here's the advanced maternal age belly shot!

On the way to Red Robin listening to Queen. Olivia picked out her outfit and Leo was singing along!

A bad picture by our waitress, but a documentation that we actually went! The kids LOVED it and keep asking to go back! I loved it, too!

Checking out the dinosaurs!




And, finally, CAKE! Yum! You see that: 34+1 = 35!

5 comments :

  1. you are neither old nor fat!! :) happy belated birthday my friend. I turn 35 next week and am dreading it.....after all, it's halfway between 30 & 40! ugh. birthdays suck now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a fun day full of laughter, which is the best kind of birthday. The legs shot, the Olivia giggles, dinosaurs, and cake: 34 + 1.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I just say that I finally read Olivia's shirt in the last picture. I think that must have been wishful thinking as I don't think she actually likes naps all that much. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! She likes to read that shirt, though, and pretend to take a short (like 15 second) nap!

      Delete