Friday, March 21, 2014

Friday Funnies!

LEO

  • One evening when I accidentally hurt myself. I was sitting on the chair in the living room and Leo walked up.
    • Leo: Do you need a chocolate egg?
    • Me: No, but thank you, Leo.
    • Leo: Do you need cream?
    • Me: I don't think so, Leo. I am okay.
    • Leo: Do you need new batteries?
    • Me: (laughing) People don't need batteries.
    • Leo: Do you need an ice pack?
    • Me: Sure, Leo.
    • Leo: (excitedly running to the freezer) I'll get it!
  • One evening when I was reading a book to Leo in bed
    • Leo: Read faster!
    • Me: (reading faster)
    • Leo: You did it, Mommy! I'm so proud of you!

OLIVIA

  • One morning when Olivia ran out of the bedroom where Leo was playing. She wanted something. I gave it to her. On her way back to the bedroom, hurriedly, she said
    • Olivia: I have to get back so Leo feels safe!
  • One morning when Olivia and I were on the back porch
    • Olivia: The birds are waking up! What are they saying?
    • Me: I don't know. I don't speak bird.
    • Olivia: I do. Tweet tweet. Chirp chirp!

OLIVIA and LEO

  • One night at dinner when I cut pizza into squares and rectangles. One square equalled two rectangles. I had just given Leo another piece, so I gave him a small one.
    • Leo: (yelling) No!! I want a square!!!
    • Olivia: (under her breath) Smartypants!
      • Later that evening I related this conversation piece to Nicholas.
    • Olivia: Copycat!
  • One day when Nicholas was home with Leo and I was in the car with Olivia. I called Nicholas to say that we were swinging by McDonald's on the way home and to take his order. Olivia wanted to talk to Leo on the phone, too.
    • Olivia: Leo, we're going to McDonald's and we are bringing you chicken nuggets, french fries, and a milk shake.
    • Leo: A milk shake? For me? Thank you!
    • Olivia: You're welcome, Leo. I miss you! Bye!
    • Leo: I love you! Bye!

2 comments :

  1. Your kids are so sweet to each other. That is wonderful. I hope Isaac has a sibling with whom he is close.

    ReplyDelete