Monday, September 16, 2013

Leo at home

Leo is often very good at entertaining himself. The kitchen that is set-up in our entry to the great room always draws him in, and he definitely plays with it more than Olivia. My little chef has taken to putting Minnie and some dolls in the shopping cart and taking them with him. He loves Minnie so much now that I think we are going to have to get a second one as it was Olivia's to begin with, but now Minnie sleeps with Leo each night since he is so attached! He sets Minnie up on the rocking chair when I read him bedtime stories and sits next to her while I read. So cute! 




And Leo loves "sauce"! BBQ sauce, spaghetti sauce, ketchup, syrup--any kind of condiment or saucy thing is "sauce" to him. And he requests it! Eating ribs the other night:




Leo has also taken to carrying Olivia's baby dolls around the house. Olivia only plays with them occasionally, but Leo has been consistently playing with them lately. The cute little way he says "Babies!" just melts my heart!



Leo also loves trains, but we don't have many. Olivia had a passing interest in Thomas when she was about his age, so we have a couple of videos, books, and toy trains, but I see an opening to get him into trains. When we visit my nephew this weekend, we are going to bring some trains back with us so that he has more to play with. He already knows Thomas, James, and Percy and can say them recognizably, so we are off to a good start!

2 comments :

  1. He really is a doll! I had no idea about Minnie - I love that he has a little friend. :-) Isaac responds to Rinki now :-)

    ReplyDelete