Sunday, June 30, 2013

Summer days

We've been enjoying our summer days! I have lots more real information to post, but it is late, I am tired, and I just want to dump some pictures for all my kids' grandparents before we head north for a visit!

Kids playing on a hot afternoon. They are both terrible nappers. Olivia will. not. take a nap. Leo usually wakes after 45-75 minutes. Boo! But, at least they are good players! They are starting to play so well together! The bad part about this one is that just a little while later while I was trying to put clean clothes away in Leo's room, Leo climbed up onto the dining room table and stood in the middle like a centerpiece. He was crying when I found him because he had hit his head on the chandelier. Oh, my! Olivia yelled for me, and when I carefully walked over to him and got him down, she said, "Silly brothers!"



Our tomatoes are ripe, and Olivia loves them!!






More hot afternoon activities. We missed the pool this week because Olivia had a boo boo on her foot and she didn't want to get into the water with a band-aid on!


Nicholas bought a chain saw and cut down our dead tree in the front yard this morning. The kids stood at the window and called, "Daddy!" the whole time. When he was finished, Olivia walked over to me and said, "Did you hear me cheering Daddy on? I said, 'Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!"



Don't you love corn? Yep, sure do! How about you? I love corn, too!



And we hit the McWane Center on Wednesday, just the kids and me, and it went great (except that, again, my kids are the.worst.sleepers and only sort of napped on the way home). But we found more cool things to do that we missed on the first trip!



And we did gymnastics on Friday and met up with Olivia's best friend from school, Laura Kate, who has a little brother Thad who is Leo's age! So much fun!!




1 comment :

  1. Don't know what to say about the napping, but yay on the kids playing well and eating well (fresh corn & tomatoes.)

    Looks like you've been having fun with them!

    ReplyDelete