Thursday, June 20, 2013

More days in our life

We did our fun plans of heading to the science center on Friday last week (and we became members so we can get in free to a ton of science centers all over the country: bring it on!!)...Nicholas came with us and it was great to have the extra hands and eyes so that the kids could do what they wanted. I think he had an awesome time, too!







And on the way home, Leo crashed for the hour and fifteen minute drive, which is a typical nap for him these days, unfortunately. Nicholas and I instituted earlier bedtimes this week for the kids because Olivia absolutely refuses to sleep for a nap now, and Leo only takes one for an hour to an hour and a half. Instead of 8 o'clock for Leo and 8:30 for Olivia, we backed them up to 7 o'clock and 7:45, and things have been going better. Leo still wakes once or twice a night, but we try not to go in. He usually sleeps until around 6 o'clock and Olivia until about 7, which is about when they were waking anyway.


Saturday our neighbors had a splash party, and the kids had a great time! In addition to this big slide, pool, and bouncy house thing, they had a small dry bouncy house, and a baby pool and slide. Plus, they have a huge play set in the backyard, so the kids had a ball! 



 I love, love, love that the kids are playing together more and more! One day we broke out the princess hut in Olivia's room and Leo and Olivia had a ball!





And Leo loves to play in the hampers. One morning after throwing in a few loads of clothes, I left the kitchen for a moment to get Olivia out of bed, I think, and this is what I came back to!



Another day, after the kids wanted to get into Leo's crib to bounce while I was putting clothes away, Olivia suggested I put a blanket over them so they could have a hide-out!




The bathroom pictures for art still is a project. I haven't quite got the ones I want, but there are several cute ones!




And Olivia had her first day of the Capitol School on Monday! Here is a picture of her that morning. Nicholas took her, and she was super excited and did GREAT! No crying at all! When I came to pick her up she was sitting next to her teacher in a circle singing a song. Tuesday and Wednesday went similarly well. She melted down Wednesday afternoon, though, and said she didn't want to go back, which I think had more to do with the frequency of the meetings since Olivia doesn't like our new summer Monday-Thursday schedule, which just started June 3. The Capitol School camp she is in goes M-F this week and next. I kept her home today, because I know it is a lot. She is three. But tomorrow she is going back at my urging, and I hope it goes well. (Nicholas will drop her off, which I think makes it go a little more smoothly.) We have to make a decision about it by the end of next week as that is when the tuition is due.



2 comments :

  1. Forgot to say - I LOVE the pic of Leo looking right at the camera. Wonderful shot!

    Oh, and hooray for the earlier bed time. Maybe you and Nicholas can actually have a few minutes of 'us' time each evening. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE all the pictures! Olivia looks so grown up in the last one!

    ReplyDelete