Wednesday, April 17, 2013

My dangerous boy


Seriously, Leo is everywhere. He runs to the street and thinks it's a game. He scales the couch and laughs. He stands up on chairs and bounces. He gets on the rocking lamb we have and stands up trying to balance. He crawls up onto the ottoman and dances (see below--this just before he launched himself off the ottoman and into my arms, luckily). I didn't realize quite how cautious Olivia was at this age and still is. I cannot leave Leo alone for a second! I don't know how mothers of boys keep them safe! Olivia calls Leo "danger boy." True.



I am continuing to wean Leo. It's taking longer than expected, but I am getting there. We were down to a morning and night nursing as of last Wednesday. He's not a big drinker of anything, though. He can work a sippy cup just fine, but isn't that interested in milk. He might drink a cup a day. He will take some juice sometimes, and water, too. But, I was pleasantly surprised that, like his mother and sister, he loves the sweet milk leftover after eating cereal.




Leo continues to talk more and more. He often says, "I want that." He uses the word "this" a lot and points to whatever I am offering. I believe that is because I say, "Do you want this?" and he is just repeating the last thing I said. He often repeats the last word or two of what someone says. When Olivia says something loud, like "No, no, no!!", he repeats it and giggles. Then she giggles and says, "Mommy, say 'good talking, Leo' and clap your hands!" because that is what I usually do. He likes to repeat sounds as well. One of his favorite books right now has a cow saying, "Moo, moo, moo" in it, and he likes to repeat that and "Yahoo!"

Leo has been sick since Sunday. Poor little guy has been coughing, has runny matted eyes and nose, and has had draining from his ears. I kept him home from school Monday. Tuesday he was worse and I had a fever of 101.5 and felt like my head was going to explode, so I felt really sorry for him since I didn't realize how bad he was feeling. Today I kept him home from school and took him to the ENT. He said Leo just has a nasty cold probably in combination with allergies. So, ear drops and Zyrtec. Leo was feeling better this afternoon, though, as was I, so we all played in the backyard with some water! This was Leo's second outfit of four today because he kept getting dirty and soaked. Later while I was pulling weeds in the garden, he came over and shoveled a spoonful of dirt into his mouth. Surprise! I don't think he'll do that again!





2 comments :

  1. What a great sequence of photos of Leo drinking the cereal milk! So cute! Hope everyone is healthy again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danger Boy learning about dirt. It's cool. I had to learn that sand was not sugar. Though I don't remember it, I'm sure I learned quickly.

    ReplyDelete