Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sweet Leo grew up a month this week

We had a few rough nights with Leo this week. His sleep continues to be bad. I won't even admit how bad. Last weekend to add to the bad nights, he woke up at 4:45 AM on Saturday, 5:15 AM on Sunday and Monday. He "talks" so loudly that he soon wakes up Olivia, so I took him for walks around the neighborhood on Sunday and Monday. Thankfully, a week later, I can report that he is not getting up so early and sleeping a bit better at night. I think the difference is (1) his top two teeth have now fully cut the gums and (2) he is officially a real crawler--not just a few movements, but full on "I'll follow you if you leave the room" crawler. This week, he also pulled himself up all the way on the ottoman in the living room, which was a bit of a surprise since I was in the kitchen when he did it and I was afraid of him falling back onto the tile in front of the fire place. Leo also perfected going from his back to his belly to all fours and then pushing up to sitting. He is so proud of himself when he does that and when he crawls a distance. A LOT going on in his little life! He is also saying "da-da-da-da" and some other consonant vowel combinations. I cannot believe how much he has grown up this week!

Leo is spreading out the time between nursings with the help of solid foods. We are going about four hours between feedings during the day with a solid food feeding at about the three hour mark. He loves his cereal, prunes, peaches, and mixed veggies. Really, he loves most anything except straight green beans. He is really feeding himself with accuracy, too. He likes to have Cheerios or puffs on his tray every time he eats so that he can feed himself something, too. I give him the Baby Mum Mum rice crackers some times, too, and he likes those as well. We gave him a frozen apple juice cube in his fresh food holder today, and he was all about that, too. What an agreeable baby!

Talking in the bathtub.



Crawling through the tunnel outside by the tent.



Playing in big sister's room.



Riding the pony. (The picture doesn't show this, but he has really great balance here!)



And here he is crawling! (I hope this turns out. I switched back to using the good video camera since it is awesome. I had stopped using it for a while because I couldn't get the videos to upload anywhere. I'm crossing my fingers and posting the link before it is finished processing on YouTube.)

1 comment :

  1. That's a lot of growing for a little guy! Glad you are getting a bit more sleep :)

    ReplyDelete