Monday, September 10, 2012

Another busy weekend!

Every day is busy. And then the weekend comes and I think we are going to have time to catch up. And every weekend passes and I have to remember to be thankful for all the things we did get done, all the time we spent together, and all the rest we were able to get and not lament all the things still left on my list. I often remind myself to stay in the moment because I know that these days are fleeting. Olivia and Leo are growing up too quickly right before my eyes. I thought we looked silly one evening after baths, and thought a mirror picture might capture the hilarity and sweetness that is our bedtime routine. I love it! After dinner, I give Leo a bath while Nicholas gives Olivia her's. Then I nurse Leo and put him to bed while Nicholas gets Olivia ready for bed. Sometimes they play for a while, sometimes they watch some football, and they always start story time by the time I am finished. Here we are in the midst of it all (No, my hair is not colored. That is a dirty hand print on the mirror!):



In other big news, we sold our sleeper sofa that was supposed to be in the office to make it an office/guest room. (Loyal readers will remember that we purchased that sofa after moving Olivia to her new room and making the nursery Leo's room. Since we didn't have a guest room, we bought the sleeper sofa. Alas, it did not fit around the corner into the office, so we had to put one half of our big couch in the office and put the sleeper sofa and the other half of our big couch in the living room. Finally, that is over!) So, our big couch is back together in our living room and we moved Olivia's big girl bed, which we bought from our German neighbors who moved back, into the office. This is because she is just not quite ready for it, we can ease her into it by having her take a nap in there before we take the plunge and move it to her room, and we figured we could use it as a guest bed until then. Olivia loves to play on it. Here, it is her stage and she is a ballerina:



On Saturday we stayed home and enjoyed the football and getting some projects done. Nicholas and Olivia put together her bed and I cleaned out Olivia's closet. I've got two tubs of clothes for my sister who has the next girl. First it will make a trip to the attic, though!

Sunday we enjoyed cooler weather. We went to the playground with our friends Jennifer, Mary Grace, and JP. It was awesome! So awesome, that we stayed for an hour and a half and I had to jog home to get Leo there in time for eating. Good! I started my couch to 5K challenge that ends witha 5K on November 11. Here goes! And here are JP and Leo playing:



We went to an awesome birthday party for our friend Colton's second birthday on Sunday. It was at a petting farm called "The Barnyard". Olivia fed the catfish:



Took a tour of the ducks on the pond:



Bottle fed the little pigs:



And the little lambs:



Then she fed the miniature cow, goats, llama, donkey, and miniature horse:



Then she petted the rabbits:



The chicks:



And went for a miniature horse ride before eating cake and singing Happy Birthday to Colton! What a day! It was awesome and we were all worn out when we got home (and glad I had something in the crock pot and didn't have to cook!)



Then Olivia got sick. When she got home she had a fever. Last night it got worse and she is very congested and has a runny nose. So far, the rest of us are okay, but today we kept the kids home from school and played here inside until almost dinner time when Olivia wanted to go outside. Here is Daddy indulging the kids in a "dragging" ride:



And just because I think it is funny how infants and toddlers have taken over this house, including the kitchen cabinets, here is a picture of our "glass" cabinet.

4 comments :

  1. The "Kura" bed!! I'm so jealous. That's the one I wanted for John... I think he's going to outgrow it before I can bring myself to pay retail price on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were lucky that our neighbors were selling it for less than half of what they paid for it only a year earlier!

      Delete
  2. Besides the sick part, it looks like fun was had by all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like one cool birthday party! One time I had my birthday party at the zoo, but they made me pick only two animals for petting :)

    I also like how you slipped in the "couch to 5k" thing. Christine, I'm pretty sure when people came up with that name, they weren't thinking about you when they said "couch" ;) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete