Monday, February 6, 2012

Day 6



Today was a much better day. I was so sick yesterday, but I am feeling better. Last night I got a little sleep--in the reclining rocker with Leo on my chest, but sleep nonetheless. Leo and I went to the lactation consultant for a weight check for him and advice for me. He was 8 lbs 11 oz on Friday, the day we left the hospital. Today he was 8 lbs 13 oz, so we are headed in the right direction! His jaundice is better, they said.

As for me, (warning: too much information to follow) my painfully engorged breasts are doing better after getting advice to ice them for 20 minutes every two hours. My milk is flowing better, too. I haven't supplemented Leo since this morning, and I am pumping about an ounce after he nurses. Of course, he is still somewhat jaundiced, so I end up giving him that ounce after he nurses, so I am only ever one feeding ahead. That's okay.

Olivia continues to be super sweet with Leo, although she does want all his toys. She wants to sit in his bouncy chair, too, but she still can...sort of. She continues to talk about being the "big sister" and she is always "checking" on Leo. She had a good time when we pulled him up in his bouncer to the dinner table. She thought it was hilarious that he doesn't have teeth so he couldn't have pasta salad.

Leo is really strong, trying to lift up his head when I burp him and trying to turn over on his side. His newborn rash is getting better with Eucerin. I'm hopeful to have a good night of nursing and sleeping tonight.

3 comments :

  1. What a sweet picture!

    I hope you are able to get some rest and recover from your cold. Thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. engorged breasts are soooooo painful!!!! I hope they get better soon. just keep an eye on them (ha!) and make sure they don't get bumps or turn feverish to the touch. b/c mastitis is even worse! be careful; will keep you and the new little guy in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete