Friday, October 24, 2014

Friday funnies

OLIVIA 

  • On counting
    • Olivia: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17, ...
    • Me: It goes 14, 15, 16, 17....
    • Olivia: No, you're wrong. You don't know, Mom. (This has since resolved itself and she includes 15 now!)
  • On infinite numbers 
    • Olivia: Can you count to a number that will take you until morning to reach?
    • Me: I could, but I'm not going to.
    • Olivia: You mean there is a number that big!! Is is sixty ten? Is it 133?
  • On her social circle at school
    • Me: Who did you play with on the playground?
    • Olivia: Everyday, they line up to play with me. They say, "Play with me, play with me." They just bunch up around me!! (Ha! Olivia's teachers have told me that she plays with everyone and often a different person everyday. Lately, though, she's been playing with a boy named Jackson who she says she is going to marry. Ha!)
  • On marriage
    • Three weeks ago when we were on our way home from Marbles and the kids were sitting in the back
      • Olivia: I want to marry Leo. I just really, really like him!
    • Last week
      • Olivia: I am going to marry Jackson, but Cameron wants to marry him, too! Two girls and one boy...what are we going to do?!
      • Leo: I am going to marry Olivia.
      • Olivia: No, I am marrying Jackson.
      • Leo: Okay, I'll marry Mommy.
      • Olivia: No, she's married to Daddy, so you can't.
      • Leo: (Pause) I'll marry Miss Christie! (That was their babysitter from Friday night when Nicholas and I went out!) 
  • On housework
    • Me: Olivia, pick up your bathrobe and hang it up in your closet.
    • Olivia: I can't! I have a baby to take care of and she's a lot of work!

LEO 

  • On favorites
    • Me: What's your favorite color, Leo?
    • Leo: Mom! It's orange, of course!! (As if there was any other option!!)
  • On food
    • Me: Are you sure you want a tortilla? It doesn't have cheese on it.
    • Leo: I love tortillas! They are super yummy!!
  • When something goes wrong
    • Leo: Oh, my goodness!!
  • On what people say
    • Leo: That girl said, "Oh, boy!" Just like Grandma Dorothy says!!

3 comments :

  1. Oh my! We are already starting the "Mom, you don't know stage!" She is getting so big.

    I like that Leo is comparing what people say. Your kids are brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! You should have told Olivia that you have a PhD in numbers ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love these!!!! my fave is Olivia's baby comment :)

    ReplyDelete