Sunday, June 19, 2011

A week of vacation (Part 3--Aquarium)

The 5.5 hour drive home was a little daunting. Olivia, despite being up at 4:30, only took a 45 minute nap on the way to Atlanta. Because Nicholas met us in Clemson, we were in two cars. We decided to stop at the Atlanta Aquarium on the way back to break up the trip. We had a lot of fun!

On the way in, I got a picture of the protesters of the dolphin exhibit. Whatever.



Then, the lady next to us in line offered to take our pictures because she heard it would make it on my blog! (I looked tired, too!)



Olivia and I taking in the Deepsea Adventure exhibit.



Nicholas and Olivia looking at the Coldwater exhibit.



Checking out the beluga whales, my favorite part of the aquarium.



We saw lots more, but I didn't have the camera on the ready. The rest of the trip home was rough. We made several stops, and I even had to pull over at a rest area a sleep for 10 minutes while Olivia was taking her second (35-minute) nap. Nicholas pulled over with us and kept an eye on us. It's great to be home! Now to get the house clean and all the laundry done!

2 comments :

  1. We really appreciate you guys coming out to see us. I'm sorry it was such a hard trip for Olivia and (consequently) you! We didn't think you were cranky at all! And considering how long and hard the trip was for O, she did great! I'm glad you guys are back home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking back on my Clemson post, I talked a lot about the boys, but not much about you and Tony. It was WONDERFUL to see you guys, and I was so happy to get some visiting time in with you all. I miss you, and wish we were closer so we could hang out more!

    ReplyDelete