Friday, July 7, 2017

Indiana/Kentucky trip, June-July 2017

The kids and I took off on our trip to Indiana and Kentucky fully stoked to be on the road again June 28, after a late swim meet the night before. They were excited to ride in the car in their pajamas. We made our first stop in Virginia and changed into our day clothes and brushed their teeth. Sweet kiddos!


We ran into some traffic in West Virginia that was mostly standstill for about 45 minutes...



Then they started fighting so I took their devices away at the last stop before Mutti's house!



We played and visited with Mutti and I got some cute photos (see previous post) and some outtakes!




We got to Aunt Stephanie's house later and played until too late! There went a track-out's worth of going to bed and getting up early, but it was so worth it to spend time with the cousins!! My kids mostly want to have nothing to do with me while we are there, so it is sweet to see them loving their cousins so much!








Thursday afternoon after swimming with friends, we got to visit Grandma Clara a bit. It was SO nice to get to see her!







Later, we saw this beautiful rainbow from Stephanie's porch!



Friday, we went horse back riding and hay bale jumping. In the afternoon, Dad and I went to see Grandma for a longer visit.









Mom got several doses of one on one time with Jason! So glad she was willing! Next time I will try to capture some portraits with the grandparents!








Saturday morning, we got to visit my friend Stacey and her new baby Graham on our way to see Grandpa Bill and Tamara.



Then we played with Grandpa Bill and Tamara at a park. We fed ducks and played on the playground. Then they treated us to Chick-fil-a! 

 






Saturday night we got to see my old friend's wedding! It was beautiful! And so wonderful to see all the love for Jessica and Stephen! It was Olivia's first wedding, and she had a blast with Abby and her friends! Leo and Jason liked playing on the hot playground outside, and Luke wasn't feeling well... poor guy.


 
 
 

 

What a fun trip we had! I can't express how glad I am that everyone is happy to have us when we say we are coming!

1 comment :

  1. I'm so glad our trips overlapped! It is always so wonderful to see you and I feel like we can pick up right where we left off <3 <3

    ReplyDelete