Friday, June 3, 2016

Memorial Day Weekend 2016

Yay for long weekends!! We started our's watching a new movie for movie night! This is a big deal in a house that did not watch movies at all until two years ago when the kids discovered Cars. They watched that exclusively until Mutti bought them Cars II six months later. Fast forward another year and we added Lion King. We watched The Sword in the Stone two weeks ago and now Ice Age II. My kids are so sensitive to "not niceness." I'm so glad we are branching out!! We read the books first and then try the movie. It's working!

Saturday morning Olivia had swim practice for an hour practicing diving in mostly.


Then that afternoon the pool opened! The kids loved it, as usual!


On Sunday, we went to the zoo in the rain. Great decision since the animals were active and the crowds were low! I My favorite part was seeing the polar bear playing with a big barrel, throwing it in the water, and then jumping in after it! So cool!

And some lion sighting...

And some water play in the kid's zone

That night I felt horrible. It turned out that trying to wean Jason is hard work. I had mastitis. Thankfully, my doctor gave me antibiotics over the phone and Nicholas let me nap a lot Monday morning. Still we hit the pool on Monday and Olivia had a play date! Fun weekend!





3 comments :

  1. Looks like a fun weekend. Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm amazed that you did so much when you were ill. Yay for movies. We'll get there some day!

    ReplyDelete