Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Happy Father's Day 2016

Happy Father's Day to Nicholas!! We are SO lucky to have him loving and taking care of us. I don't often give credit to the pressures he faces being the primary breadwinner, but I know it isn't always easy to carry that load. And since we have moved to NC his work life balance has been able to be so much better! Everyday he makes time for the kids--often making dinner and cleaning it up, too, taking Olivia to swim practice or meets, or watching the boys so I can. He does the fun things like playing imagination games with the kids, catching them come off the pool slide, and playing soccer with them. He also doesn't shy away from discipline, keeping his eye on the fact that we are trying to raise good people. Nicholas encourages our kids and is interested in what they have to tell him. They are lucky. We are lucky. He is lucky. We love you, Nicholas!


And a shout out to my dad, whose efforts I recognize more and more as my kids grow. He always took us to plays and musicals, we took vacations to the lake and the beach multiple times a year, he paid tuition for catholic school for four kids (double gulp), he was starter at our high school track meets, volunteered at our swim meets, threw Christmas parties and pool parties. I know know how much work and planning this took! And, he let me get a puppy when I was 16! Thanks, Dad!


1 comment :

  1. Aww! You've got some great men in your life!

    ReplyDelete