Tuesday, August 18, 2015

When it rains, it pours

Sunday morning, I woke up to the full load of laundry I had started the night before in the washer filled with water. And the washer was dead. Nicholas took care of all that--getting the wet clothes out, draining the water with a pitcher, taking the clothes our neighbors to be washed, locating a washer at Lowe's, getting the old washer out of the house, buying a new washer after several trips to stores that said they had it, and getting the new washer in and installed, and everything cleaned up! Thank goodness for my determined, capable, handy husband! And he did it all, with Leo in tow.

The reason for that was that Jason, Olivia, and I were at the ER. Olivia got a fever the night before, and didn't feel well. She was up a couple times during the night, but in the morning her fever kept going up and wasn't responding to the medicine. Then she fell asleep on the floor, see the lump under the pink blankets. Then she woke up with a 104.5 fever and threw up everywhere. I called the nurse and her doctors office, and she said to go to the ER. It turned out to be strep. The doctor said it could be the beginning of scarlet fever because of the rash on her feet, hands, and chest. After four hours out of the house, we got a prescription for antibiotics and went home. Her fever spiked to 104.9 that night. But then it broke early the next morning, and she hasn't had a fever since! Poor baby! The lethargy is always what scares me!

6 comments :

  1. I'm thankful you made it through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor girl! I've had rashes with strep before. It itched, and I had high fever. Hope she feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor thing! I had no idea. I'm so glad she's on the mend. How frightening!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor thing!! That must have been scary ... glad she is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete