Monday, August 24, 2015

Never will I be so loved! And other parenting adventures...

Although I am not happy to report that Olivia's Kindergarten blues continue, and got a little worse two weeks ago and then again after missing school due to being sick, I am touched by the love she has for Nicholas and me. We will never be so loved as we are right now by our three children. Who else would want this hideous locket with our tiny faces in it so she doesn't get lonely for us at school?!


As I said, last week was kind of tough for Olivia, so she drew this picture of us on the back of one of her school work pages. Do you like my black, curly hair?!


Olivia 's class does a lot of writing--most drawing a picture, labeling it, and then writing a sentence about it. Here is my favorite so far from the week after Nicholas's got back from Italy.


Last week was also the start of Olivia's ballet class! She sure does look cute in her white leotard. Each age group/level is assigned a different color, and she was excited to be out of "baby pink!" I dropped her off at ballet and Nicholas picked her up, but apparently there were some tears that I didn't stick around. I felt TERRIBLE about that, but a mom at the pool this weekend told me the same thing happened to her last year with her Kindergartener--when her daughter was nervous about school, the anxiety spread to other activities where she had been fine away from mom. We're working through it.


In boy news, Jason and Leo are "playing" more and more. The fact that they are together more without Olivia is the obvious reason, but I think that Leo likes entertaining Jason in the car while we wait to pick up Olivia and playing with him in the playroom while I do laundry. 

We tried a first boy bath without the baby tub, and both boys got a kick out of it!



Leo continues to love his Duplos, and Jason reaches for them to knock over and bang together!








3 comments :

  1. It's a sweet locket, but you are probably correct about being loved so much. The boys hanging out together is super cute. I like that you moved the legos table to the second floor. I imagine it would get more use there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is super sweet! I hope she gets through the kindergarten blues soon! And I love my parents now more than ever ... perhaps love as a function of age is something like love = (age-16)^2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My two favorites are the kindergarten journal picture. I hope that whoever thought of the half blank half lined notebooks made some money off it!!!

    The other is the big brother neck clutch! So loving and so awkward, which is "brother" in a nutshell!

    ReplyDelete