Sunday, December 7, 2014

The Nutcracker!

Olivia and I went to the Nutcracker on Saturday afternoon performed by the NC Ballet. It was beautiful and a wonderful way to start the Christmas season! Olivia sat in rapt attention the entire time--seriously, her behavior was SO good. Even while kids around us fidgeted and talked, Olivia kept her eyes on the dancing. I didn't get a good picture of Olivia during the performance since recording devices were banned, but I got one so you can see how she had to hold her head up over the railing on the balcony where we were. By the end, she told me her neck was tired! Ha! I love that we started this tradition last year and she continues to love it even though she is less interested in performing ballet herself this year!

Pre-ballet, I tried to get her to stand next to me, but she wanted to sit since I was.

At the theatre--Memorial Hall at UNC Chapel Hill since the tickets were cheaper than going to the Durham Performing Arts Center or Raleigh's. Parking was tough, though, so we just barely made it in time!

3 comments :

  1. That sounds like a fun tradition! You look beautiful, btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this tradition! And super jealous you got to be on my beloved UNC campus :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Olivia looks darling and you look beautiful. I love that you did this. I also love that I finally got to see the belly!

    ReplyDelete