Saturday, November 14, 2015

Leo's surgery

Leo's surgery went well yesterday and the doctor thinks they got all the lipoma. He also said he would be shocked if pathology came back with it being anything other than the lipoma. No drain was needed, thankfully. We brought Leo home soon after he woke up, and he rested most of the day yesterday. He has some tape over the incision site, and our biggest challenge will be to keep him from ripping it off. It could be a lot worse. He's pain has been managed with ibuprofen, so I know it's not too bad.

The day went smoothly yesterday. Nicholas took Leo to the hospital at 5:30 am while I stayed home with Jason and Olivia. I got Olivia off to school with a neighbor at 7:10, and I nursed Jason for the last time around 7:30. Then the babysitter came at 7:30 for Jason, and my friend Lisa came to drive me to the hospital so that I could ride home with Leo in case he needed care while Nicholas drove. She waited with Nicholas and me until Leo was out of surgery in case we needed her to do any running for us. It's great to have good babysitters and good friends!!

Too busy to smile in pre-op!


I couldn't take a picture of Leo sleeping after surgery because he looked just too vulnerable, but here are his recovering photos:






3 comments :

  1. So glad everything went well! Hope his recovery is fast and as painless as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor little guy. I just want to hug him... and you! I'm so glad it went well, though and that he's recovering well. When will the pathologist get back to you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to all of you for getting through it. It is so tough/scary/heart-rending when they are that little. However, they usually bounce back super fast!!! Great work, Team Kraft!

    ReplyDelete