Monday, April 27, 2015

Grandma and Grandpa visit, April 2014

Grandma and Grandpa came to visit Tuesday through Thursday, and we were all thrilled to see them!! I hadn't seen Dad since July 2014, so the visit was extra sweet for us!

Mom brought me these beautiful lilacs, which she knows are my favorite flower. Grandma Clara sent homemade bread and plant starts--tomatoes, peppers, and some others. Dad brought some Christmas dishes I had asked for.


After getting the tour of the house and seeing the big kids bike, Dad took us out to Red Robin for dinner. The next day Mom took the kids to school, Dad helped me clean up the house, and I got a nap!! We hit Lake Wheeler in the afternoon for the first time this season.


After Mom and Dad took a break at their hotel, they came back to be free babysitters for the big kids while Nicholas and I checked out Honey Tupelo Cafe. It was delicious, and Jason slept through most of our date!


Thursday morning Mom and Dad watched Leo while I went to Mommy and Me day for Olivia's school. It was so cute!! I almost cried with the songs the class sang!



After having lunch with Grandma and Grandpa and taking a few photos of "the third children" they hit the road for home. We had a great visit!! Hopefully, the first of many!




2 comments :

  1. Looks like a fun visit! Love all the pictures ... especially the last one with you, your mom, and Jason. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a wonderful time. That's funny, I didn't really put it together that all of you were the third kids. :-)

    ReplyDelete