Thursday, February 19, 2015

Why we're doing fine


  1. Nicholas 
    • Thank goodness for Nicholas's cool attitude and willingness to help. He puts Leo to bed every night, never acts like anything is too big a deal, and is keeping a super positive attitude about all tantrums, messes, and my craziness. He is also cleaning, folding, and in general just doing more than he had to pre baby.
  2. Mom
    • Thank goodness my mom got us over the hump of crazy hormones and getting into the swing of having a new baby in the house! Thank goodness she left cookies and convenience meals in the freezer! Thank goodness she booked a trip for two weeks instead of one, otherwise she would have missed our late baby!
  3. The neighbors
    • I am beyond grateful for my bunco club of neighbors!! Twelve delicious meals -- seven in a row -- and then the rest sporatically as we adjust to dinnertime with a newborn, two hungry kids, one tired mom, and a dad who worked all day and then came home to chaos! I LOVE this neighborhood and the lovely women who have included me into it!
  4. A cool attitude
    • Sort of. I am trying to keep things in perspective and haven't cried much about being tired, achy, the house messy, etc. We're keeping pretty cool around here.
  5. Sweet kids
    • Really they are all taking it in stride! I am beyond grateful that no one is being aggressive or jealous!

4 comments :

  1. I'm so glad you are doing well! It's nice when things start to go into place. I like that you are striving for a cool attitude. It's not always easy, but it is good to keep trying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you have lots of love and support!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or should that be "Hear, hear"? I honestly don't know!

    Anyway, I'm so glad you've got some good perspective. And now you can always come back to this entry when you need to be reminded... I will too!

    ReplyDelete