* Jason is sleeping through the night on a very regular basis! A typical schedule for him is sleeping 7:15pm-6:15am and napping 11:30-1:00. Actually, that's the ideal schedule that happens sometimes. Often it is all moved back 30 minutes. And sometimes he wakes at 4:55.
* Jason is skipping, running, throwing balls, jumping with one foot off the ground, jumping off couches and tables and into pools!
* Jason signs "more" and "please". He points and often says the start of words like "ww" for water and "mm" for moo cow. He has said the words "up", "cat", "dog", "dada", "duck", "mama", "that", "uh-oh", "wow" and makes the noises "roar", "blah", and "yuck." He only says dog and dada on a regular basis, though. We've discussed a possible speech delay with the pediatrician and an ENT and audiologist, but they feel confident that (1) Jason's hearing is sound, and (2) his receptive communication is stellar. Bringing us to,
* Jason understands. He can point to his head, eyes, nose, ears, belly button, feet, legs, and hair. Or any of those parts on another person. He understands when I ask if he is hot and may ask to take off clothes. He understands when I ask him to go get something or stop doing something. He is a smart boy and I can see the cleverness in his eyes.
* Jason has a sweet tooth. The boy would not eat a fruit or vegetable all day if I didn't insist. I have drawn a line in the sand and am insisting on him eating what we eat. Bringing us to,
* Jason cries and throws tantrums on the floor. He gets frustrated with the food fights and on occasion when he can't get his point across.
* Jason loves "Harry the Dirty Dog", "Goodnight Moon", "Little Blue Truck" the beep beep book, and "Time for Bed."
* Jason thinks he is a big kid: he wants to play with Olivia and Leo whatever they are doing, which is hard sometimes when those things aren't toddler friendly.
* Jason is a Momma's boy. Probably because I am with him during the day so much and because I am still nursing him. (I never thought I would this long, but it has gotten so easy...) He plays with Nicholas, but after about two hours, he looks for me.
* Jason weighs 25 lbs 8 ounces (70%), is 32.75 inches (55%), and has the biggest head in the 97th percentile. Ha! He's a cutie!!
Here are some recent pictures. I am having his 18 month photos taken professionally next week.
Jason insisted on wearing Leo's pajama pants!! Ha!
Playing "hayride" with brother!
Getting a haircut! He was so good!
He loves to color and play with play dough!
Here he is making a mess in the sink!